For detailed information about the services & items provided, click on the appropriate links below ....
Services & items provided - free of charge
Services available - at additional cost
The following services & items are provided free of charge and are included in the rental price of your cottage(s):
Gas, Electricity & Water:
Normal usage of gas, electricity & water has been factored into your cottage rental price.
For use of central heating & wood burning stove please refer to the Services Offered section below.
Unlimited Internet Access:
Wi-Fi internet access is available in the cottage for guests. Please note that rural Brittany only offers ADSL Broadband. A fibre optic service is not yet available!
Travel Discounts (Ferry Crossings & Car Hire):
We are able to give you access to travel discounts with Brittany Ferries (20%) and P&O Ferries (5%).
Once you have made a reservation with us, we will forward to you our advertiser travel membership numbers which will enable you to obtain discounted quotes and make subsequent reservations with any of the above companies.
The travel discount is available to all members of the party, travelling to Le Helleguy.
Prepared for your arrival is a sumptuous Welcome Basket containing key food provisions to help you settle in. This includes:
- French bread & croissants
- Jam & butter
- Fruit Juice
- Bottle of wine
- Ham, cheese & eggs
- Biscuits, chocolate & crisps
- Filter Coffee
- Teabags, fruit tea infusions & sugar
- Salt, pepper & cooking oil
We also provide tin foil, microwave cling film, plastic food bags & food protectors and a supply of toilet rolls & kitchen rolls.
In addition to silk flower arrangements which decorate each cottage, we provide a fresh bouquet of flowers to add a warm welcome to your arrival.
An abundant supply of fresh herbs can be found in the herb plot – help yourself to Chives, Sage, Rosemary, Thyme, Parsley, Oregano, Tarragon, Mint etc.
Linen & Towels:
Provided for your convenience is a range of luxurious quality bed linen, duvets, pillows, mattress & pillow protectors, towels, bath mats and house robes, all inclusive of your cottage rental. For guests who prefer not to have duvets, we have an alternative selection of beautiful Jacquard weave bed throws.
Matching linens throughout the cottage, supplied by DORMA (Vichy lilac Jacquard Weave design) create a co-ordinated, country house character in the bedrooms. Luxury percale cotton sheets supplied by Dorma & Horrocks are soft and gentle on the skin.
Waffle house robes are also provided for use around the cottage or swimming pool.
Towels sets (800 gsm) are provided for each guest (adults, children & infants) and include a bath towel, hand towel and flannel. Towels are tumble dried to provide a soft and fluffy finish.
Firm orthopaedic mattresses on the beds at Le Helleguy (both king-sized and single divans) ensure maximum comfort & support to enable a good night’s rest. The beds do not have foot boards which can otherwise be restrictive to tall guests!
The linen at Le Helleguy is privately laundered ensuring that we are able to monitor & maintain control of the laundry environment. The machines used to launder the linen are used solely for the linen at Le Helleguy and we ensure that only high quality, non biological products (Persil) are used during the wash/rinse phases, thus reducing the possibility of allergic reactions to sensitive skin.
Please note that Beach Towels are NOT provided.
We provide a wide range of cleaning materials and equipment in each cottage, to help minimise the amount of items you might normally consider bringing with you. These include:
- T-towels, hand towels, dishcloths
- Pan scourers & J-cloth roll
- Rubber Gloves
- Washing-up liquid & hand wash soap
- Dishwasher powder, rinse aid & salt
- Washing machine powder & fabric softener
- Hand wash soap for bathrooms & cloakrooms, etc.
- Bleach (septic tank friendly!) & toilet fresheners
- Multi surface disinfectant & surface wipes
- Shower shine, Jif cream & window cleaner
- Polish, dusters, mop & bucket
- Dustpan & brush, feather duster
- Electric vacuum cleaner & house broom
A Departure Cleaning Service is available for those who prefer not to clean through the cottage themselves before departure – see services offered at a nominal cost, below.
To help you plan your holiday itinerary we have provided the cottage with an ‘Out & About’ information folder containing details and personal recommendations of:
- Local tourist attractions
- Sorting activities e.g. golf, horse-riding, cycling, canoeing etc.
- Places of specific interest to visit (& brochures) i.e. chateaux, megaliths, zoos etc.
- Beaches (child friendly, pet friendly, plus sporting options)
- Market days (what to buy, where & when)
- Shops (with opening times)
- Local restaurants & crêperies (from rustic to Michelin star)
Also provided in the cottage is a folder containing essential information about the cottage, grounds, facilities and services available, plus emergency contact numbers etc.
For exploring the wonderful countryside of the Blavet Valley we provide a super ‘walking pack’ containing over 20 local walks (some suitable for cycles and horse riding).
Each walk is detailed on a laminated sheet, with map, distance, estimated duration and level of difficulty.
We provide a wide range of high quality infant accessories to help reduce the amount of infant related equipment & materials you might otherwise need to bring on holiday with you. These include:
- 1 x Cot - full sized (Mothercare carved wooden cot), plus bed linen
- 1 x Travel Cot – full sized (Mothercare - folding steel frame & fabric surround)
- 2 x High Chairs – (Peg Perego with safety harnesses)
- 2 x Baby Monitors – (Tomy)
- 1 X Pram/Pushchair – (Peg Perego - collapsible for transportation via car)
- 2 x Stair Gates
- 2 x Bed Guards
- 2 x Baby Baths & Potties!
- 1 x Food Blenders
If you have any additional infant accessory requirements, please feel free to let us know.
BBQ, Patio Set, Picnic Box & Picnic areas:
The cottage has its own patio area, equipped with superb quality patio furniture with luxury cushions and tableware. Large kettle drum charcoal Weber BBQs compliment the alfresco dining areas, with the addition of family sized picnic hampers for dining out, on day excursions. Items provided include:
- Patio table, chairs & cushions (German manufacturer: Kettler – all weather metal)
- Sun loungers & cushions
- Large sun parasol & stand, table mats
- Weber kettle drum charcoal BBQ
- BBQ tools & equipment, plus tin foil, foil trays etc
- BBQ cleaner & scrapper
- Family sized picnic box, plus accessories:
- Melamine crockery, cutlery, flask, serviettes, straws, ice packs, Tupperware boxes
- Picnic blanket
Also positioned throughout the 1.5 acres of landscaped gardens and grounds are several picnic tables, so that you may enjoy alfresco dining in a variety of locations i.e. by the swimming pool or play area.
We have a selection of bikes (plus child seats) available for your use when exploring the lovely quiet country lanes around the hamlet and/or when visiting the local bakery/creperie.
We also have a universal bike rack available should you wish to take the bikes further afield.
We have equipped the cottage with a wide selection of indoor games for you to enjoy during your stay. In addition to these, there is also an outdoor games cupboard in the pool garden which is packed with a good selection of outdoor games.
- Monopoly, Cludeo, Scrabble, Junior Scrable, Ratrace, Risk
- Articulate, Trivial pursuit, Pictionary, Taboo, Over the Hill, Boggle
- Buckeroo, Ker Plunk, Battleships, Mastermind, Cards, Happy Families,
- Jigsaws, Chess, Drafts, Dominos, etc.
- Table Tennis (Cornilleau professional outdoor table), Children’s swings
- Large Trampoline, Wendy House on stilts, Climbing Frame
- Badminton, Jumbo Tennis, Jumbo Garden Darts, Skipping ropes
- Croquet, Swing-Ball, Jengo (building bricks), Cricket, Bat & balls
- Football (with nets), Badminton/Volley Ball net, Practise Basketball net
In addition to free unlimited WiFi internet access we also provide the following:
- Satellite TV (English & French)
- DVD players
- An extensive library of DVDs (over 500 titles)
- HiFi stero system with a selection of music CDs
- A wide choice of reading material (over 100 titles).
Restaurant Bookings, Activity Reservations & Veterinary Appointments:
We shall be more than happy to make table reservations for you at local restaurants; arrange sporting activities, organise visits to local attractions & places of interest.
We can also arrange in advance of your arrival, fishing permits, tee times at local golf courses, horse riding, sailing etc. If bringing your pet on holiday with you, we can also arrange appointments at the local veterinary surgery for the regulatory checks prior to your departure.
Undercover Heated Swimming Pool:
Whether you are holidaying in Peak season or taking advantage of a Spring or Autumn break, you will be able to enjoy swimming in a warm comfortable environment from the beginning of April to early November (after the October half term holidays).
The pool’s retractable telescopic shelter helps to maintain the water temperature (28C) and provides the option of indoor swimming - ideal for the children if the weather becomes cold or wet.
Our flexible pool operating times permit swimming at all hours (early morning and/or late evening)
with the addition of floodlit swimming at night.
La Chaumiere has exclusive use of the swimming pool and its large dimensions 12.2m x 6.1m (and perfect rectangular shape for maximising swimming) provide ample space for everyone to enjoy.
Professionally installed around the swimming pool are two of the four swimming pool security systems recognised by the French standards association (AFNOR). Each has a certificate of conformity to the latest regulations (P90-306 - Barrier/Fences and P90-309 - Shelters/Verandas).
Whilst the cottage has its own patio area (intended for the sole use of the cottage occupants), you are able to enjoy full access to the 1.5 acres of land.
The wide choice of relaxation areas within the extensive grounds provides a vast area for the cottage guests to enjoy.
Click on the VIDEO below to see the pool garden and play area:
Christmas & New Year decorations:
For the festive season, you will find the cottage is fully decorated (unless requested otherwise). The lounge has its own decorated Christmas tree with fairy lights and many more garlands, decorations, holly, mistletoe and fir, arranged to create that special seasonal atmosphere.
Additional festive lighting arrangements, plus candle decorations (supplied with a variety of candles) give a traditional ambiance to the cottage.
The cottage dinner services are supplemented with a lovely selection of Christmas tableware, luxury festive table cloths, napkins & table decorations, servers, gold plate chargers, crackers etc. enabling you to make your festive dinner an extra special one.
The following services are offered to guests at an additional cost:
Departure Cleaning Service:
If you prefer not to spend valuable holiday time cleaning through the cottage before your departure, we recommend our in-house Departure Cleaning Service @ £75. This option can be selected on the reservation Booking Form.
If you are holidaying out of season you may decide that you would like to use the cottage’s central heating and/or wood burning stove.
A fixed weekly sum of £80 is normally charged from October to April (inclusive). This covers usage of the central heating and a supply of wood for the wood burning stove. The 'supply' includes a made-up fire, a basket in the house and a bin load externally. Further bin-loads can be paid for locally at cost.
The central heating can also be activated at any time throughout the year, paid for locally at cost, via a meter reading.
Provided prior authorisation is requested, we do welcome family pets. A fixed fee of £50 per pet is normally charged. Further conditions apply, as specified in our Terms & Conditions, summarised briefly below:
- pets are not allowed on the furniture
- animals must be on a lead when within the grounds
- animals are not allowed to toilet within the grounds
- the refundable Security Deposit is doubled, due to the increased risk of damage
- the Departure Cleaning Service becomes mandatory.
We have a good relationship with our local vets (6km away) and we can make arrangements for the necessary pre-departure visit for your pet(s) – i.e. when travelling back to the U.K.
Please contact us if you wish to consider bringing your pet(s).
If you would like a meal to be prepared for your arrival, we are able to offer a selection of professionally pre-prepared ‘Welcome Meals’ which simply need to be heated in the oven.
Please contact us for menus options & prices.
You may wish to take advantage of the services offered by our professional caterers during your holiday.
Whether you would like to enhance a special occasion with a celebratory meal, or perhaps opt for a selection of catered evenings to provide a welcome break from self catering, we have a number of catering options available for you, with delivery to your cottage:
- French – local caterers on hand to provide French buffet catering, hot & cold a la carte menus
- Indian – a special 3 course menu for Curry lovers
- European – English caterers offering a sumptuous selection of 2, 3 and 4 course menus
Please contact us for menus options & prices.
We are able to provide guests with an extra bed (plus linen, towels set & house robe) if required. This additional occupancy is charged at a fixed rate of £50.
Change of Linen:
Bed linen and bathroom towels are provided for your holiday in the cottage. If you are staying for 2 weeks or more and would like to have a change of towels and/or linen during your stay, this service is available at additional cost – rates specified in the cottage Information Folder.